Our office was recently contacted by a Fort Myers homeowner searching for a company to perform a roof replacement. We inspected the home and were hired to carry out an asphalt shingle roof replacement along with an exterior repaint. Our roofing and painting divisions worked together to complete the job, transforming the exterior of this beautiful Fort Myers home. We love how the project turned out and are thankful for the opportunity to serve both the painting and roofing needs of our great customer!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
- PAINT MANUFACTURER: SHERWIN WILLIAMS PAINT PRODUCTS
- PRIMER: LOXON MASONRY CONDITIONER
- STUCCO SURFACES: SW SUPER PAINT SATIN
- DOORS: SW SUPER PAINT SEMI-GLOSS
Roofing Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking. Color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 5-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.
Painting Scope Of Work
Provide labor and materials to complete the following:
- TRENCH AROUND PERIMETER OF HOME 1 TO 3 INCHES.
- APPLY A CONSISTENT COAT OF MASONRY SEALER TO STUCCO SURFACES
- CAULK WHERE NECESSARY AROUND DOORS, WINDOWS, AND J CHANNEL. SEAL MASONRY CRACKS, AS NEEDED, WITH ELASTOMERIC PATCHING COMPOUND
- APPLY A CONSISTENT COAT OF FINISH PAINT TO STUCCO WALLS AND EXTERIOR SIDE OF ENTRY, SOFFIT, FASCIA, GUTTER & GARAGE DOORS
- COLORS TO BE SELECTED BY OWNER
- LANAI DRYWALL REPAIR IS INCLUDED IN THIS PRICING. Remove 4 affected taped drywall seams 8LF each Tape and mud drywall seams 8LF each Match existing texture to match existing Prime with oil-based primer
- A 7- year limited labor and materials warranty will be issued by Sherwin Williams.