Unfortunately this condominium neighborhood within Sparrowood At The Forest experienced storm damage as a result of Hurricane Irma. Upon inspection, it was determined that these buildings required a complete shingle re-roof to properly repair their roofing structures. First Service was contracted to carry out the complete roof replacements for these buildings along with installing new seamless gutters. Our team worked diligently to remove their existing roofs to make way for GAF’s weather watch mineral-surfaced leak barrier peel and stick, as well as GAF’s 130mph timberline HDZ shingles which are rated at wind speeds up to 130 mph. Once complete with the roofs, our team installed new seamless gutters to complete the project.
With a new roof from First Service, our clients can rest easy knowing that they are properly prepared for our upcoming storm season!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick
- APOC Peel & Stick
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HD shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking. Color to be selected by Building Representative. 11. Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.