Our roofing division recently completed a roof replacement for a building located in Southwest Cape Coral. Upon inspection we found several areas on both the first and second story levels of this apartment building that we determined to have been damaged by Hurricane Irma. Our team made temporary repairs until the complete roof replacement could take place. Once approved our team removed the existing roofing structure and installed GAF’s Timberline HDZ shingles along with a new seamless aluminum gutter system. This project was completed on time and the building owner and tenants can rest assured that the structure is protected by a new roof installed by First Service!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick
- APOC Peel & Stick
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.
Provide labor and material to complete the following:
- Remove and dispose of the existing gutters and downspouts.
- Install up to 215LF of new sandtone 6″ aluminum seamless gutters on the first story.
- Install up to 50LF of new sandtone 6″ aluminum seamless gutters on the second story.
- Install up to (6) 1 story downspouts, (3) 2 story downspouts, (2) splash guards, (4) miters to match the existing layout.
- Job-site will be cleaned of all work-related debris upon completion.