Our office was contacted recently to inspect the shingle roof of this Cape Coral home. The roofing structure was found to be in extremely poor conditioning after Hurricane Irma and it was determined that a roof replacement would be needed to properly repair the roof. Once approved our team went to work removing the existing roofing structure. Once removed we installed GAF’s weather watch leak barrier peel & stick, along with their 130 MPH rated timberline HDZ shingles. Once our roofing team completed the roof replacement, we also installed new aluminum 6″ gutters along with downspouts.
This homeowner can now rest assured that their home is protected by the best shingles on the market, installed by one of Southwest Florida’s most dedicated roofing companies!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick
- APOC Peel & Stick
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking. Color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2yr workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.
Provide labor and material to complete the following:
- Remove and dispose of the existing gutters and downspouts.
- Install up to 130LF of new white 6″ aluminum seamless gutters.
- Install up to (4) downspouts, (3) splash guards, (4) miters to match existing layout.
- Jobsite will be cleaned of all work related debris upon completion.