Our office recently had the pleasure of assisting a great homeowner in Cape Coral Florida. Upon inspection, or residential roofing division found the home’s roof to be in extremely poor conditioning following Hurricane Irma requiring an emergency repair and ultimately a roof replacement. Once approved, we went to work removing the existing roofing structure to prepare the home for its new roof. Our team installed GAF’s 130mph rated Timberline HDZ shingles, along with the appropriate vent systems and leak barrier.
As a GAF master elite certified roofer, we take pride in providing our customers with some of the best roofing materials available in today’s market. With a roof installed by First Service and protected by GAF products, this homeowner can rest easy knowing that their home’s roof will weather our SWFL storms for years to come!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick
- APOC Peel & Stick
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work:
Provide labor and materials to complete the following emergency repair:
- Remove shingles in affected area(s).
- Replace roof underlayment and/or flashing.
- Install new shingles that match as close as possible in color and style.
- Upon completion, the job site will be cleaned of all work-related debris.
- First Service will provide a one-year workmanship warranty on this repair.
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.