Our roofing division recently had the privilege of working with Polynesian Village Vacation Villas on Fort Myers beach. Following roof damage from Hurricane Irma, it was determined that roof replacements were needed for several structures on the property. Our team completed shingle roof replacements and gutter installations for these one and two story buildings. In addition, we also completed a re-roof for a flat roofing structure. These roofs came out great, and will serve our customer for years to come!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis. See disclaimer.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of peel and stick on low slope area and (1) layer of cap sheet on low slope area.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-yr workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.
Provide permit, labor and materials to complete the following:
- Remove roof covering and underlayment.
- Re-nail decking to local hurricane mitigation code.
- Install new 26 GA pre-painted drip edge flashing to entire roof perimeter. The flat roof will be replaced using Polyglass peel and stick base sheet and topped with Polyglass torch down cap sheet.
Provide labor and material to complete gutter installation for these one- and two-story buildings:
- Remove and dispose of the existing gutters and downspouts.
- Install up to 130LF of new white 6″ aluminum seamless gutters on the first story. (office building)
- Install up to 285LF of new white 6″ aluminum seamless gutters on the second story. (2 story building)
- Install up to (14) downspouts and (6) miters to match existing layout.