Our office was recently contacted by a resident in the Sherwood neighborhood of Lehigh Acres Florida in need of a roof inspection. Upon inspection of the homeowner’s roofing structure, we discovered damage that was found to be a result of Hurricane Irma. Following the roof inspection it was determined that a complete roof replacement for this Lehigh Acres home was needed. Our roofing team proceeded to remove the existing roof structure and install new GAF Timberline HDZ shingles to complete the re-roof on this home. The end result turned out great, and our customer can rest assured that their home is protected for both this current storm season and many to come!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work
Provide permit, labor and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2yr workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.