Our office was recently contacted by a homeowner in Cape Coral Florida in need of a roof repair. The home had received a roof overhaul prior to the owner purchasing the home in 2014. The roof’s skylight located over their dining room had begun to leak, prompting the call. The homeowner was so pleased with our work, that she contracted our painting division to repaint the exterior of her home to complete it’s new look! The final product turned out amazing.
- GAF Timberline
- Paint Manufacturer: Sherwin Williams
- Paint Products Primer: Loxon Masonry Conditioner
- Stucco Surfaces: SW Super Paint Satin
- Doors: SW Super Paint Semi-Gloss
Scope Of Work For Shingle Re-Roof
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Resisto Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys, closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HD shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking. Color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.8. Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
Scope Of Work For Exterior Repaint
- Trench around perimeter of home 1 to 3 inches.
- Pressure wash exterior free of dirt and foreign material.
- Apply a consistent coat of masonry sealer to stucco surfaces.
- Remove and patch any rotted T-1-11 throughout exterior walls.
- Caulk where necessary around doors, windows, and J Channel. Seal masonry cracks, as needed with elastomeric patching compound.
- Apply a consistent coat of finish paint to stucco walls and exterior side of entry and garage doors. Colors selected by owner.
- Seven year limited labor and materials warranty issued by Sherwin Williams.