We were recently contacted by a homeowner in Southwest Florida residing in Cape Coral with a request to inspect and ultimately replace their homes roof. Once awarded the contract, our team got to work removing the home’s existing roofing structure to then install GAF’s new Timberline® HDZ™ Shingles. These shingles are rated to 130 mph and perfectly suited for our severe Southwest Florida weather. This home also possessed a section of roof that was flat, and our team replaced and tied that section as well to the home’s new shingle roof system.
Following the roof replacement, we also installed new 6″ brown aluminum seamless guters around the entire perimeter eave of the home (while stopping at the screen enclosure). We’re thankful for the opportunity to serve our wonderful client, and are proud to showcase this project. Their new roof will serve the home well for years to come!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Shingle Roof Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking. Color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.
Flat Roof Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following:
- Remove roof covering and underlayment.
- Re-nail decking to local hurricane mitigation code.
- Install new 26 GA pre-painted drip edge flashing to entire roof perimeter.
- The flat roof will be replaced using Polyglass peel and stick base sheet and topped with Polyglass torch down cap sheet.
- Tie in flat roof with shingle tie in.
Gutter System Scope Of Work:
Provide the following scope of work to the exterior gutters of the home:
- Install 215LF of new 6″ brown aluminum seamless gutters around the entire perimeter eave of the house stopping at the screen enclosure.
- Install “5” new Royal Brown downspouts in locations approved by the homeowner. –
- Install “4” corner strip miters, “1” inside miters and “3” outside miters.
- Install “1” splash guard, one on each inside corner at the base of each roof valley.
- Upon completion the job site will be cleaned of all work-related debris.