Our roofing division recently had the great pleasure of serving the roofing needs of a customer in Port Charlotte Florida. Following a roof inspection, we determined the damage to the existing roof to warrant a complete shingle roof replacement. We removed the existing shingle roof and installed GAF’s weather watch leak barrier and underlayment along with their 130mph rated Timberline HDZ shingles. As a GAF master elite contractor, we take pride in installing the best roofing materials available. Our client can rest easy knowing that their home is protected by the best shingle system available today installed by First Service!
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingles
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following shingle re-roof:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.
Provide labor and material to complete the following gutter installation:
- Remove and dispose of the existing gutters and downspouts.
- Install up to 170LF of new white 6″ aluminum seamless gutters.
- Install up to (5) downspouts, (1) splash guards, (4) miters to match existing layout.
- Jobsite will be cleaned of all work related debris upon completion.