This homeowner had a 25-year-old tile roof and wanted to replace it with a new shingle roof. After tearing off the tile, the home required additional stucco work and exterior painting to repair the area showing from converting from tile to shingle. First Service also repaired numerous areas of cedar board on the perimeter of the roof.
GAF Timberline 130MPH High Definition Architectural Shingles
Re-Roof Scope of Work:
Provide permit, labor and materials to complete the following:
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Resisto Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install GAF WeatherWatch to the valleys and penetrations.
- Furnish and install 26-Gauge rolled valley metal in a mill finish to all valley locations.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish.
- Furnish and install GAF WeatherBlocker starter shingle at all eave locations.
- Furnish and install GAF Timberline HD shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations.
- Furnish and install a continuous aluminum ridge vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service provided 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF.