We were recently contacted by a homeowner with an old shingle roof in Fort Myers, Florida in need of repair. As the home’s asphault roof was over 20 years old, it was time the home received a complete roof replacement. In an effort to make it last for one more year, the homeowners had coated the roof, themselves, with a silicone. In addition to replacing the shingle roof, First Service was also hired to replace the gutters, fascia and soffit as well as paint the exterior of the home. Repairs were commenced in February 2019 and completed by March 2019. These repairs brightened the home and gave it the face lift it needed to look like new again.
- Owens Corning Laminated Asphalt Shingles
- Underlayment – Sand Dune
Scope of Work:
Provide permit, labor and materials to complete the following:
- Remove roof covering and underlayment.
- Re-nail decking to local hurricane mitigation code with Magnum Zinc Coil Nails – .113″x2 3/8″ ring shank.
- Install PEEL AND STICK underlayment to entire roof surface.
- Install new 26 GA pre-painted drip edge flashing to entire roof perimeter.
- Install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Closed valley detail used.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Install new lead flashing around all plumbing stacks.
- Install a new 130mph Architectural Asphalt shingle roof system as per manufacturer specifications. This price includes 3 sheets of plywood.