Our office was recently contacted by a Cape Coral resident in need of a roof replacement. Once inspected it was determined that due to normal wear and aging, that a new shingle roof would need to be completed in order to properly repair the existing roofing structure.
We began by removing the existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners, and roofing material. Once removed, our roofing team inspected the condition of the decking below, along with the flashing and facia board. All damaged materials were discarded and replaced accordingly. The existing decking was re-nailed to meet the current Florida building code and GAF’s Weather Watch leak barrier peel & stick was installed. Following the leak barrier, we installed a layer of APOC peel & stick underlayment along with the appropriate galvalume valley metal in all of the roof’s valleys.
For this roof, our team installed GAF Pro-Start shingles at all eave/rake locations, and GAF’s Timberline HDZ shingles throughout the roof. These state of the art asphalt shingles are weather and wind rated up to 130mph winds! As a GAF Master Elite factory certified contractor, our company proudly installs GAF roofing products for our amazing customers, ensuring peace of mind with their unbeatable product warranties!
With the project now complete, our customer can rest easy knowing that their new roof installed by First Service is backed by a 2 year workmanship warranty and a 50 year non prorated warranty for all GAF materials installed on the roof!
Scope Of Work
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis. See disclaimer.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking. Color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2yr workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.