Our office was recently contacted by the mayor of Crestview Florida, who owns a vacation cottage in Southwest Florida located in Bokeelia. The homeowner’s insurance had threatened to drop their coverage of the property if he did not replace the 15-year-old roof on the Bokeelia cottage. Once contacted, we were happy to visit the island to provide a quote and ultimately complete the work necessary to replace the roof. As a GAF Master Elite certified roofing company, our roofing division proudly installed GAF’s Timberline HDZ shingles which are rated up to 130 mph. Our customer can now rest easy knowing that his island vacation cottage is properly prepared to weather Southwest Florida storms for years to come!
“Will and his crew did what they said they would do in a timely, professional, and efficient manner and at the lowest cost that I could find. The quality of his materials and workmanship is unsurpassed.”
- GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment
- GAF Pro-Start starter shingle
- 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles
- GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles
- GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system
Scope Of Work:
Provide permit, labor, and materials to complete the following: MAIN ROOF ONLY
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of APOC Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HDZ shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2-year workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.