Our office was recently contacted by a homeowner in Cape Coral Florida to perform a routine roof inspection. We found normal wear and tear associated with the aged roof and reviewed the options for resolution with the homeowner. Following discussion, we were contracted to replace the existing shingle roof. Once the project commenced, our roofing team removed the existing shingles, underlayment, and addressed any areas needing repair prior to installing the customer’s new roof.
GAF HDZ Shingles in their Driftwood pattern were installed along with the appropriate underlayment and leak barriers. As a GAF certified Master Elite company, we take pride installing some of the best shingles available on the market. These premium shingles are rated up to 130 MPH and are accompanied by GAF’s stellar system plus 50 year non-prorated warranty on any GAF material installed on the roof. Pair that with our 2 year workmanship warranty, and our customer can rest easy knowing that their home is protected from Southwest Florida’s harsh weather environments for years to come!
Roof Replacement Scope Of Work
- Remove existing layers of shingles, underlayment, fasteners and dispose of in First Service dumpsters.
- Inspect the condition of existing decking, flashing, and fascia board for their suitability of re-use. Any damaged or deteriorated materials will be replaced on a unit price or time and material basis. See disclaimer.
- Re-nail existing plywood roof deck to meet current Florida Building Code.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of GAF Weather Watch Mineral-Surfaced Leak Barrier Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck in all valley and penetration locations.
- Furnish and install (1) layer of Leak Barrier MS300 Ice and Water Armor Self-Bond Peel & Stick, self-adhered shingle underlayment, applied direct to plywood roof deck.
- Furnish and install new 26 GA – 16″ – Mill (50′) galvalume valley metal in all valleys. Note: We use a closed valley detail.
- Install 26 GA galvalume kitchen and dryer vents.
- Furnish and install drip edge fabricated from 26-gauge steel with a baked enamel finish. Standard color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Pro-Start starter shingle at all eave/rake locations.
- Furnish and install 130 mph GAF Timberline HD shingles, nailed with (6) nails per shingle, to plywood decking. Color to be selected by Building Representative.
- Furnish and install GAF Seal A Ridge Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles at all hip and ridge locations. Color to match field shingle color.
- Furnish and install a GAF Cobra Rigid Vent3 Exhaust Vent system at applicable ridge lines.
- Furnish and install new lead pipe boots where existing pipes penetrate the roof surface.
- First Service will provide 2yr workmanship warranty and a GAF SYSTEM PLUS 50 YEAR NON-PRORATED WARRANTY ON ANY GAF MATERIAL ON THE ROOF. Stain Guard algae protection and 10-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration available only on shingles sold in packages bearing the StainGuard® logo.